Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz
Oh the good life...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Being Lost in Technology

    My blog has been about me exploring just how much social media, it present in all of our lives today, especially my generation. The iGeneration's world seems to revolve around the Internet, for example is it sad that I don't know at least ONE friend that does not go on some sort of social media site every single day? I know for sure I am guilty, if I spend as much time on my homework as I did Facebook, I would have been already graduated with a Masters Degree by now, like I said sad. I know I'm not proud of it but unfortunately it's true as it is for most of my age group. But what about the people who ARE NOT tech savvy? My thought on such a person would be to consider them with social problems of some sort, but is that the case? Is not being integrated with the addictive poison of the internet make a person less intergrated with the world? I say yes, but I would like to hear other opinions! 
     The lack of access or interests in social media tools can really cause a person to not be up to date in the world. Not just Facebook or Twiiter, because yes even I could agree that a person could I GUESS live without either, even though its a concept I could see myself grasping, ever. But the daily news, just the way of working new technology is important in not falling behind. A good example of this is look at a majority of grandparents today. Mine never know what in the world is going for the most part. Although i rant about how being one with technology and being persistent with it is essential for great success it is not the only way, people are going to success with their brain with or without technology, but for the majority, learning the basics around the WEB couldn't hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment